WarHammer Online

HomeHome  Main Site  WARdb  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

How are things going up for you oversea?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
philwolf
Lathain Guard
Lathain Guard

Male Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: How are things going up for you oversea?   Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:17 am

Hi,

I heard US players and guild are playing the closed or open beta already.
Here in Europe it is going from bad to worse not knowing when the open beta will start uphere. Its still not possible for us to enter our pre-order codes and the european forum of warhammer don't give us any clue.
I tried to order an american version of the game but until now its seems not possible to order one of these, also the gamecards for an american server are not available in europe. I still hope to join you guys once and have some fun togheter with some of my old friends.

Can someone of you give me some info how the game is doing and if its realy that topgame they promessed . . .
Anyway i wish you all the best of fun there

Phil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Willowwalker
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Male Number of posts : 181
Character Names : Willow....something lol
Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: How are things going up for you oversea?   Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:58 pm

I let my Grandchildren get on the pre-order week-end beta program, after I showed them the information they needed to know, while using a Black Orc as an example.
They are 11, 8 and 6. Each was able to level their charater to level 5, including "PQ's" (Public Quest) and they were able to make the leveling without much trouble, even the 6 yr old, thou the 11 yr old had to read the different Quest to him. ( The 11 and 8 yr olds both have a levle 70 in WoW)
They were very excited about the PQ's and really liked that fack the when thay got a quest, the map Game's Map provided a "Red" outline of the area that the Quest could be found, but thay still had to work at completing the Quest.
The 11 yr old rolled a "Shadow Warrior, The 8 rolled a Dwarf Engineer, and the 6, took the Greenskin and squig. (He likes Hunters in WoW)
I beleive the game has just enough inprovement to draw players away from WoW., and that it will likely hit 3,000,000+ Players within one year.
I live the PvP action, I've rolled a Shadow Warrior.
There are still some blips in the game, like when you shoot a/an beastie, they stand still for you to take an additional 2 or 3 shots, some of the quest were broken for my character, but they work for another character doing the same one.
The Graphs are clean and the actions involved with the Quests, (Fire burning, Monsters stomp the ground and dust flys up, and your shadow moves around as the Sun moves), make for a visually complete game. But then, the out of the Gate download is almost 10 GB's
I'll spending my next year or more in this game..it's well worth it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dracos Blood
Guild Leader
Guild Leader

Male Number of posts : 341
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: How are things going up for you oversea?   Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:27 pm

The game rocks, but there are lots of bugs to be fixed. RVR is a blast, had some crashes to Desktop, and some lag issues, but on the whole this is going to be a very big game. The questing is story line based so you will love the story lines with this, the game will do very well on RP servers. On a strange note for a couple of nights I kept getting drops for the Hammer class, so maybe it will be coming back before long. The graphics are very much online with NWN2 and you really will enjoy the views, I think the High elf area is a little gray compared to some of the others but the beach PQ with all the orcs attacking is one of my favorites. Keeps are still to buggy to be able to be taken, except for the largest warparties, (26 members) or even 2 Warparties working together, unless your lev 20's in a single warparty, IMO. There is more that is working than is messed up, and it appears that this time of polish till OB will be used well to make it and even better game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How are things going up for you oversea?   

Back to top Go down

How are things going up for you oversea?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1